Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Good Memories

This is my second post on my new blog!

This is a layout of my granddaughter and her Pa Pa (grandfather) fishing together. She seems to be telling him how to fish! Her pa pa passed away a few weeks ago and it has been very hard on her. I wanted to make something that would make her think of a good memory. I will frame it and send it to the memorial with her which is out of state next week.


I used Bo Bunny Prairie Chic papers, a lot of mini Petaloo flowers, and crackle paint. This is the first time I actually waited for the paint to "crack"! I used to start spraying on mists and not letting it dry all the way! It looks very cool if you do it right! lol

I had some fun dribbling different colored crackle paints on top of each other. That was fun and I was surprised to see how it turned out! I also used a lot of pop dots to give dimension to specific areas of the page. 

As promised, I said I would share my favorite item to use for texture paste. I love to mix different colors, and consistencies of paints to lightweight drywall spackle! I can make it any consistency or color I want depending on what kind of paint I add! I have a lot of fun playing with stencils!

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous Donna! Perfect for the memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning lo! Love all the techniques you used :) Wonderful memory. Is there a follow button for you to,put on your blog? Or blog lovin for following?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Donna. Love it and so will she. Congrats on your new blog. Hugs ~~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page! It really is just a gorgeous page that means so much. You have done a great job at capturing a relationship and a moment forever in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna I love this page! It has a beautiful design. The photo catches such an endearing moment. You are so talented! I am looking forward to many more posts showing your artistic skills.
    I love the flowers, frame, pprs, colors,crackle and gesso. The little bird is very cute . The layers under the photo are perfect.

    ReplyDelete