Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Fireworks!!!

This is my first layout for Ginas Designs! I am so excited to be on her design team!

The 4th of July is a big deal for us because we live next to a high school that puts on a fantastic fireworks show! Friends and family come over and sit in our front yard in lawn chairs and watch the spectacular show! That is my inspiration for my layout!

I love items that frame a photo. I used the chain and gears frames from Gina's Designs for both photos. I simply cut off the gears for this layout. I painted the frames with gesso, and used fired brick crackle paint. Not so much for the crackle, but because of the color/texture. I dabbed some red ink to brighten up the color. I did the same thing on the two stackable labels under the bow. I debated about leaving the chipboard natural. I love that look and I think it would have worked well with the burlap and the bow.

Gina's Designs Products

Chain and Gears Frame
Stackable Labels

Other products used

K&Co Americana paper
Distress crackle paint-fired brick
Gesso
Bone and red floss
Red ink pad
Vintage brown ink pad
Round pop dots






2 comments:

  1. WTG on making the dt team for Gina's Designs! I follow her blog, she has some really nifty things.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Paula! And for your sweet note on Scrapbook.com. :)

    ReplyDelete